Wyedean Canoe Hire and Kayak hire is situated on the banks of the River Wye in the hamlet of Symonds Yat East – We have our own purpose built launch site and ample car parking immediately adjacent.
We are Members of the River Wye canoe hire association this is on condition of the protocol and safety guidelines are met and adhered to with a vision of good fun, safe practice for all.
Advice and Planning – of river trips can be given to suit your needs and experience, it may be for just a nice lazy day trip with your picnic hamper or a multi day trip carrying your camping equipment.
What you get from us:
- Experienced and qualified staff, minimum level 2 to level 5 instructors/ coaches and 25 plus years of operating canoe hire on the wye.
- Full private vhf radio frequency back up, for support. The three minibuses are fitted with vhf radios along with 2 base stations, one at the river side and one at our outdoor centre with a 30 mile range. Also duty member of staff carries a hand held mobile.
- Modern and reliable minibuses.
- Fleet of 100 canoes and trailers.
- Qualified and experienced river guides.
- Intimate knowledge of the river and wildlife
- Private secure parking on the river side
- Private moorings and access/egress to and from the river.
- Risk assessment and supervisory management of the river and responsible hire.